Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 6 September 2009

Keeping Busy.

They say 'If you want a job done, ask a busy person.' I find that with myself, the busier I am the more likely I am to get on with all the extra household jobs as well. Knowing that my time is limited there's no point in putting things off for another day. Of course that only works to a point. Eventually I reach overload and the household jobs pass right out of my mind. Yesterday I whirled through hoovering, washing, ironing, baking, sweeping outside, weeding, deadheading and pruning. That was before spending many hours on the pc getting my planning sorted for school. I know that putting in the effort know to create templates for every plan that I need to do each week and organising the files will make my work so much easier in the future. Everywhere there are signs of autumn.
Plenty of berries on the honeysuckle which is still producing pretty pink flowers. I obviously got the pruning right last year.

This is the first year that the hydrangea has flowered. I love the white with a hint of blue. I have another small hydrangea up by the scree garden which got even smaller after somebody went over it with the mower. It's now protected by bricks and the leaves have grown back.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Wow, you've had a busy day. You'll have to go back to work for a rest! :-)