Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 17 September 2009

Tour Of Britain Cycle race.

I was so relieved to get home tonight and find that the postman had delivered a new card for my camera. I have got so used to having mt camera with me at all times ready to record anything interesting. I missed a great opportunity this afternoon when we walked the whole school up into town to watch the Tour of Britain Cycle Race. It was sunny and hot as we sat on the side of the road waiting for the cyclists. Police motorbikes kept zooming past and sounding their sirens to entertain the waiting crowds. I'm not sure if the policeman who rode along standing with his arms in the air was actually setting a good example. There were also a lot of support vehicles and police cars to add to the general excitement. I have been reliably informed that one of the world's best cycle teams was there but I know nothing about these things. It was nice to be able to take the children to see a national event. It is currently fair week, (a tradition going back hundreds of years), and on Saturday the same streets will be closed off for the annual carnival.
Back home the sun was shinning on our 2 scaffolding towers. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for the builder to re-do the chimneys and then the scaffolding can be taken down.

1 comment:

happyone said...

That looks like a LONG way up!!