Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 23 September 2009

Raindrops On Roses.

I am hoping that the sight of this wet but beautiful rose over the front door will calm me down . I am seething at the moment having received a truly rude email from a school Principal in NZ basically saying that the email I sent along with my CV is a load of old rubbish and they only employ teachers of the highest standard. There was no need to be so rude, a simple thanks but no thanks would have done. What really makes me laugh is that this school with 'the highest teaching standards' sent me an email with a massive typo , a whole word missed out. So much for their standards. I certainly wouldn't want to work in that school.

It's been another wet day and as I stopped to post a letter I could see small clouds forming in the valleys.
In the garden the soft rain had left little crystal drops on the flowering grasses,

and on the spiders' webs making then look like miniature chandeliers. It is only when they are wet that it becomes clear just how many of these hammock webs there are.

3 comments:

Sarah Lee said...

Ruta, I am so very sorry to hear of the horrible e-mail you received. How very rude and thoughtless. Having read your blog for a while now I now how incredibly dedicated and caring you are in teaching children. I always believe things happen for a reason and the principal of the school that sent that e-mail has certainly shown a very unpleasant side.

I am sure you will find a school very grateful for your expertise and wish you the best of luck (and hopefully no more rude e-mails!).

Best wishes for brighter days and news to come, Sarah

happyone said...

Sorry to hear about the rude email. There is no excuse for that.
The rain drops are so pretty on the roses. Your title Raindrops on Roses sounds like a title of a song.

Ruta M. said...

Think 'Sound of Music'. I still remember being taught this in primary school and occasionally sing it to the dismay of my family.
Thank you both for your kind comments. I don't know why I mind so much when I'm quite aware that such emails are a reflection of the sender rather than myself.