Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 29 June 2010

I'm Back.

At last I've been able to connect to the internet. Someone ! seems to be using up the whole band with constant torrenting. It's not worth arguing about as he'll be in Plymouth from Thursday.Odemera nobilis, a pollen feeder.
It's only Tuesday and I'm feeling so tired. Thank goodness that it's only a few weeks to the summer holiday. After this week I'll be back in the swing of things but right now I'm in school before 7.30 and usually don't leave until 5.30. And more work once I'm home. No wonder I don't relish the thought of full time work.
Peter is now officially retired. From his old job at least. He took his lease car back today and they gave him a send-off at work. He was a bit embarrassed about it but a lot of people turned up to wish him well which was nice. He came home with an engraved tankard and (better still) a lead to work (for me ) in NZ which might turn out to be nothing but might be useful.

Aargh! Only lost one pound last week. Doubly annoying as I had been lower during the week (yes I obsessively weigh myself every day) but I do know where I went wrong. Apart from a few dips into the mixing bowl on Sunday when I made a batch of chocolate muffins to take to work - and one muffin eaten, I have not eaten any extra sugary or fatty foods but I did have more protein than usual. Some cold meats and slices of cheese just made those calories mount up. It's a bit too easy when I come home tired but I'm determined not to give up before I reach my goal. (No wobbly bits!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, give my best wishes to Uncle Peter for me! I shall buy him some fine beer when I see him next. :D

Also congratulations on claiming your internets back! :O