Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 4 June 2010

Orange Or Terracotta ?

The azaleas flowers don't last for very long but they certainly make a good show. The pressure washer and I have spent 9 1/2 hours together today, minus breaks to wipe the sweat from my brow and have a cup of tea. I managed to get half of the slabs around the scree garden cleaned up so with any luck I should finish tomorrow. Thank goodness the weather has been so lovely. There was a moment when the cleaned terrace slabs looked an alarmingly bright shade of orange but fortunately they dried to an subtle terracotta which is much more pleasing to the eye. And that is about all I have done today.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Those pressure washers are amazing. My husband had a great time with ours. :-)

Catching the Magic said...

Phewie! You've been working so hard! I am so impressed with your work in the garden and enjoying the beautiful photos and progress updates.