Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 6 June 2010

The Last Slab Washed.


Knautia macedonia, great name for a flower. The pressure washer and I came to a truce today. It would continue to clean my paving provided that I adjusted the spray nozzle. I finally cleaned the last slab at 8.30. No more, please. The paving at one end was more heavily marked as it is the more sheltered and so damper spot encouraging the growth of algae and lichens. I suppose I could have one more go at those slabs tomorrow but really I don't think I could bear it. I just want to load up the pressure washer and take it back to Jewsons. It has done a good job but it has taken almost 6 solid days of washing. This little bird was singing away in a tree beside me today. At first glance I thought it was a sparrow but the song was wrong and looking at the photo the beak is wrong too. I've looked it up and it is a Dunnock, a common but unobtrusive resident bird.

No comments: