Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 16 June 2010

Yummy Pizzas?

A wild iris growing in the pond.
Not much of note today. I was in school all day. The older class got to make and taste some pizzas they had designed - strawberries, apple sauce, chocolate and onion on the same pizza? One boy's recipe of curried chicken, cheese, raisins & onions didn't prove too popular but I think he had chosen his ingredients simply for effect as he is the most conservative of eaters and didn't try a mouthful of any of the pizzas. At lunchtime I took the micra for its annual MOT. Scraped through only needing one new tyre as the old one was worn right down and would have cost me a £2,000 fine if I'd been stopped by a policeman. 2 other tyres need replacing soon too.
The summer weather is back with a vengeance so as soon as I got home I headed off to 'garden' with a mug of earl grey and some ryvytas. Looking forward to a whole day at home tomorrow.

3 comments:

Elora said...

Not sure about those pizzas....! I am sure about that love photo of the flowers! What 'bed" is this? it looks like a lovely spot to sit with Earl Grey and perhaps a cookie (if you're not on a diet!) We have yellow water iris at our pond,too, Ruta. The roses over your entryway, along with the hanging baskets you posted yesterday (I think) was very special! What a creative eye you have (along with the talent and devotion to work it and make it happen. Delightful!
Elora

Ruta M. said...

Hi Elora,
This is the terrace around the scree garden which used to be our swimming pool. I am rather partial to a few biscuits (cookies)with my tea but I've learnt to enjoy crisp bread instead. (Ryvta make one with a few raisins & seeds and a bit of sweetener, only 57 cals.)

Julie said...

lol, that is so funny about the pizza's. I wouldn't have tried them either...lol