Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 21 February 2011

Aargh !!

I'm all cross at the moment. The day started well enough. I got up just after Peter left, dismantled our new bed and brought the foot end downstairs as a replacement piece was being delivered sometime today. That was not an easy task as the mattress is very awkward and I had to prop up the rest of the bed on stools and books while I loosened the screws holding the end on. I then tidied the kitchen, hoovered said kitchen, boiled t-towels, made bread and generally prevaricated before sitting down at my PC in the sitting room to work on those blasted reports. I wasn't out of the kitchen for more than half an hour , had no radio or music on yet a while later I found a card slipped under the porch door saying they couldn't find anyone at home. WHAT !! The lights were on, the car was in the yard and the sitting room has windows that overlook the front door. The delivery man must be as thick as 2 short planks! I rang the delivery people explaining that it had cost me considerable effort to dismantle the bed and now we had nothing to sleep on but they insisted that the guy could not deliver today. It was only after a second call that they agreed to deliver tomorrow and will phone me 30 mins before as I'm not dismantling the bed in advance, but I am so cross. The front door was even wide open for half the morning to get rid of the smell of some fish that I cooked yesterday. I rang the bed company, who have been absolutely fine and made a complaint about the delivery company. Part of my crossness is also due to not yet getting into the swing of these reports. I was sort of OK then one of my colleagues sent me some to look at and I need to go back and put more detail in. Maybe its a good thing that it is grey and drizzly outside otherwise I would be fed up with being stuck indoors. That's my short blogging break over so back to those reports.
Oh and those t-towels I so carefully boiled - I threw them in the machine with a new pink sheet and they came out pink too. Into a bucket of stain remover they've gone and they'll get washed again tomorrow.

No comments: