Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 24 February 2011

Tired PC.

Should this blog suddenly fail to appear it's not that I'm lying slumped over my PC clutching files of children's assessments (though that is a real possibility), but that my PC has given up the ghost. Yesterday, as I came to the end of many hours spent on those blasted reports, my poor PC began to go slow on even the simplest of Word tasks making me wait for what seemed like ages before anything at all happened. I'm nearing the end of the reports (first draft at least) so I hope I can get through them this morning before going off to the dental hygienist. The weather yesterday matched my cheery mood being rainy for most of the day. The oil man came with a delivery (so that's £860 of oil used up since 13th Dec) and he wasn't very happy with the stand the oil tank is on telling me dire tales of £30,000 fines for a small oil leak into a waterway. We'll have to wait until the tank is nearly empty before we can do that job.
I was looking at the bird feeders from the stairway window when I spotted a fox slinking along the stream bank. I'm not too happy to have a fox around the place so I banged on the window to get him to clear off. When I went outside to make sure he'd gone my sympathies changed as across the fields I could hear the hated sound of the hunt. The baying of the hounds and the stupid tootling of the huntsman's horn. My thoughts about people who kill animals for pleasure are not printable. Luckily the hunt was up on the road by Ron's farm and could not get down directly to our place. Ron used to hunt but ever since we've been here he has not allowed the hunt on his land.The other field that backs onto our garden was planted up as deciduous woodland some years ago and the hunt can't go there either. I could hear the hunt up on the other hill so just in case they decided to head down onto our property I got one of the boys' guns and had it loaded in the kitchen ready to deter any dogs. (The hunt dogs have been known to rip people's cats to pieces.)
So yesterday did not improve my mood. Back now to the reports.

1 comment:

Elora said...

Good for you, ready to take on those hounds! Hope the fox made it. Hope your computer makes it, too!!

Elora