Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Bed - Reports - Bed?

A calming picture from our walk around Morte Point.
Another long day spent writing reports. We were given a day off to write reports which makes it 10-15 mins per report. I'm fairly new to report writing so with these longer 'short' reports it's taking me over half an hour just to get the basic information onto the reports. Then I need to add in the maths and check through everything so I could be taking up to 30 hours to do these 30 reports. No Way! That's the whole of my half-term holiday gone. At last now I'm getting to the middle group of children I'm able to do a lot of cut & paste with just a few changes. I had so wanted to be able to get out and do some gardening this week not sit chained to the bloody computer.
The bed foot-end finally came this morning after an early phone call which woke me from my slumbers. I didn't pick up in time but called back and left a message that I was dismantling the bed and would definitely be at home. When the delivery man came he denied being yesterday's courier so I allowed myself the satisfaction of telling him what I thought of deliverymen who just knocked and left. I made the guy wait until I unwrapped and checked the new foot-end and wrapped up the old one for him to take away. It was only 5 mins later when I went to rebuild the bed that I realised I'd left the bolts on the old foot-end. I made a frantic phone call and the guy came back reluctantly so that I could rescue those vital bolts. (Ruta is able to make use of effective describing words.- I've got reports on my brain.)

1 comment:

happyone said...

Cool picture. Looks like a long way down.
Your report writing sounds like a tedious job. Hope you get it done a lot faster than you think.
Glad you were able to get the bolts back.