Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 25 February 2011

Plip Plop.

As forecast it has been raining all day. I haven't done very much at all today, mainly pottering around, tidying up and a bit of reading. I still have my planning to do but that will have to be tomorrow. One thing I did achieve was to mend a kitchen drawer which had broken yet again. As the kitchen was put in before we came (we re-used the original carcasses, moving them around and adding beech work tops when we knocked 2 rooms into 1), everything is in imperial sizes not metric and you can't buy a new drawers to replace the original ones when they fall apart. To fix the drawer I had to resort to screwing into wood when I could and using resin to glue when I couldn't. It should hold for a few years so long as we don't put heavy stuff in the drawer.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Cool stones!! Hard to tell how big or small they are.
Good job on mending the drawer. :-)

Ruta M. said...

My mother got these granite 'eggs' from Cape Cornwall where (I believe) glacial action had caused the stone to be smoothed into these lovely shapes. The middle sized ones are about 12" long and they are all very heavy.