Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 17 February 2011

Half-Term !

Today, at 12C Barnstaple was the warmest place in the country. Lots of sun made life so much more cheerful and I made sure that my class had the opportunity to spend extra time outside with the small PE equipment. The Year 1 children have a dedicated space outside with activities set up though some of the children seem to spend hours at a time racing up and down on the scooters. My poor Year 2 children have a heavy schedule with the SATs coming up so cannot spend a lot of time outside in 'independent learning' even with our limited amount of equipment.Tomorrow is a non-pupil day set aside for report writing (oh joy!) and then we have a whole week off for the half-term holiday. My class are very creative so after some whole class maths (I'm on my own with 29 children most afternoons), I declared Golden Time and let them use up any materials left over from our D&T /Art work. They had a great time making their own projects and I was able to catch up with individual children for reading or assessments.
About an hour after the above picture was taken the sky was full of pink clouds which will hopefully mean good weather for tomorrow. My journey home starts in the light and it is usually just getting dark as I arrive home. Better make a start on those reports now.

No comments: