Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 22 June 2011

A Bit Blowy.

It was grey and very windy today but at least it didn't rain. All round the garden coloured petals lie like scattered confetti. As I look through the window I can see the trees swaying with their branches being shaken by the wind. This evening I made another 10L of elder flower champagne which is brewing gently in a bucket ready to be bottled tomorrow. Then I hope to have a try at the cordial as the citric acid arrived in the post today. After that I shall reward the elder tree by cutting most of it down because it is hanging over the driveway. I shall save any branches for the fire as it is supposed to burn well and the name is said to derive from the Saxon word for kindling.

No comments: