Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 25 June 2011

The Rain Continues.

The clouds were down low and it was generally wet as I left home this morning for a few hours in town, meeting up with a friend and then wandering around the shops. It was dry in town and though overcast, fairly warm. As I returned home however I hit the cloud layer once more and found the garden rather damp. So even if I had stayed home I wouldn't have been too tempted to get outside and garden. I didn't buy very much in town but I checked out the prices of feather duvets, super-king size, as the double duvet we currently have is a little lost on the new bed and if we didn't have a snugly throw as well there might be a few disagreements about who ends up with the duvet in the night. It turns out that the Internet is the best place and I've already ordered a new duvet and I am also checking out new covers which we need to get as well.
I am now about to start filling in the official end of year school reports through our on-line pupil tracker which is supposed to make everything easier. Listening to colleagues who have started using it, that doesn't seem to be the case. I've worked on the personal statements first on a word document on a pen drive so that I wasn't dependent on the Internet but I nearly had a heart attack earlier today when my lap top informed me that there were no files on my pen drive !!!!! Luckily my good old PC can read the pen drive and now I've copied everything onto my hard drive just in case the pen drive goes squit. Now I've got to copy the statements onto the report documents which are 7 pages long. Hmm, I better get started right now if I don't want to have to work through the nights in the week before the deadline.

No comments: