Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 9 June 2011

Time To Cut The Grass.

A lot more sun today so when I got home I took the opportunity to mow all the grass. We have been promised a very wet weekend so it is good to get that job out of the way. The second half of my class did their reading SATs today and I have to say that I am very pleased with the standard of reading. There are a high proportion of children in both classes who are reading at about a year in advance of the average for their age. As many came into school with very low overall scores this is a good reflection of the way the school has encouraged reading and all literacy skills. The media keep on producing scare stories about how many children leave school unable to read  and this has simply not been my experience in this school, and we only go up to age 7.

My next major gardening job is to tackle the weeds that are springing up between the flowers. The steep hillside will be covered in flowers for the next few weeks and it would be a shame to see too many weeds poking through.
Every day there are new flowers coming into bloom. Today I noticed the first honeysuckle flowers.

1 comment:

Catching the Magic said...

Your garden is absolutely a treasure. Roll on the long summer break when you can really enjoy x

Sadly I'm not coming to the UK now, but my folks are coming here for Christmas!

All well apart from coughs and colds. Have a great weekend x