Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 2 June 2011

SUN!

Today I'm feeling a bit calmer and simply being thankful that our boys are all healthy. Loosing a lot of money through being foolish is not nice but then again it isn't the end of the world.
Today's better mood was also helped by the fact that it was sunny and HOT. So hot that after a spell outside weeding the garden I was thankful to come in to the cool of the house. My little friend Jack, from next door, keeps popping over to 'help' me with my gardening. He is obsessed with lawnmowers as well as diggers and I think I disappointed him a little today by not getting out both extension leads so that I could finish off mowing the strip of grass by the vegetable patch. He did offer to call his Dad down to do it but I thought that a full-size tractor mower was a little too much for that tiny patch. Instead we cut more grass with the shears, he had brought his own pair over today, and then did some weeding in the scree garden.
The redcurrants and blackcurrants are beginning to show some colour but it will be a race between me and the birds to see who gets the juicy berries first.

No comments: