Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 4 June 2011

Stars In Their Eyes.

I made the most of the good weather by getting up fairly early so that I could spend most of the day outside. As the weatherman predicted the clouds started to roll in and by the afternoon a few of the darker clouds let loose with some light rain. We still managed to fit in a barbecue down by the house on the new table (evening meals are usually up at the scree garden to catch the sun and we use an old small table that I made so that I could chase the sun around the garden). Peter got the chainsaw going and started to chop up the trees that still lie by my veg plot but when he refilled it,  it became temperamental and wouldn't start up again. We have bought some fresh fuel but the Husky is too big for our needs so we are thinking of trading it in for something smaller that perhaps even I could handle.
Our evening has been spent at the annual charity 'Stars In Their Eyes' evening at Pilton. This year the theme was songs from the musicals and the standard was pretty high. The winners were not the best vocally with a rendition of a song from Fame but the sight of 2 somewhat older gentlemen in shorts and lycra doing a dance class routine with 2 lasses made me laugh so much that all my mascara (which I don't usually wear) ran down my face! My vote went to my ex- boss and her brother singing Master of The House from Les Mis. The singing was excellent and it was an uproariouss performance though as I said to Ange it was a good thing that she had retired because I couldn't have looked her in the face at work without laughing at the memory of her portrayal of a bawdy landlady. The evening, as usual was full of laughter and I was glad that Peter had been able to get tickets which because of the limited size of the hall, are like gold dust.

No comments: