Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 16 June 2011

*&%$ !

At school the PC situation has worsened to the point where I can only laugh. The solution to my dead main PC is simply to replace it with a new one, fair enough by me. I got my interactive whiteboard up and running by plugging in my (work) laptop so at least I can access the Internet with the children though I don't have the interactive software on my laptop. My classroom printer was no better after a night's rest, (that sometimes works), the printer in another classroom wouldn't work and I even tried emailing my document to myself but that wouldn't open on the staffroom PC. I resorted to retyping my document in word and still the staffroom PC wouldn't print on either our super duper absolutely useless printer or through the photocopier. The school secretary got onto the company that looks after our server and the rest of the IT and they did something with the server. First all the icons on the children's PCs disappeared and now they can't be turned on at all as the man on the phone says we have to log in with unknown names and passwords. My laptop was linked to the system at the time so I haven't tried turning it back on to see if that has been affected. It's a good thing that I have hung onto my (old fashioned ) whiteboard. You can't go wrong with that and a marker.

I'm not going to get to eat many of the redcurrants. The birds are stripping them off before they even have a chance to ripen.

No comments: