Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 30 June 2011

Strike Day.

My whole blog just disappeared into the ether so here's a precis: sunny, teachers on strike, not me - can't afford to loose the pay. Rich privately educated government with personal fortunes, untouched generous pensions and fat consultancy fees to look forward to have decided to recoup some of the money lost by their banker pals by making public servants work until they are 68, pay more into their pensions and loose up to half the expected pension. Spent 5 hours sat at a PC in my classroom working on my reports. Nearly but not quite finished. Small cat spent day at vets being castrated. Happily playing at my feet now.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Ruta.....I've been reading your for two years enjoying each of your postings. As I read today, I was made very aware that in the world of today we all (regular people that is) are the mercy of those in power. Sadly, what is true for you is true here in the states as well. I tell my adult children....keep on keeping on because that's what we regular people do.