Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 2 July 2011

Friday's Post.

Last night's blogging was interrupted by a power cut, it was only brief but as a precaution the pcs were unplugged for the rest of the evening. Friday was looking good, a whole morning in the staffroom sorting out final inputting onto our on-line pupil tracker followed by a relaxed afternoon in class, handwriting followed by Golden Time. Instead it turned into a frantic nightmare. Half-way through the morning I found out that I had missed out large sections on the tracker so that was more work piling up. Then at 11.30 we were told that our end of year data needed to be on the tracker NOW. Got that done before rushing into town at lunchtime as I had to go to the bank. Had just settled into class with the children when a series of messages came about missing data. I thought that maybe in my rush I had forgotten to press the save button but then I got suspicious. When I checked the tracker using my log-in the data was all there but for some reason the office couldn't pick it up on their log in-so I had to write it all down for them. For something that is supposed to make life easier the on-line tracker is generating hours of work.
Life in the countryside is also quite frantic at the moment. In our current dry spell the contractors are out cutting and transporting silage. Someone must have come out of a field too sharply and snapped this telegraph pole right off.  It's a mile away from home and not our phone line so I don't think it had anything to do with last night's power cut.

The distant hills are the cliffs on the North Devon coast.
It had been another sunny day ending in a beautiful evening so my evening stroll in the garden turned into a walk up the hill and then along the road to Ashelford Corner. It was simply too nice to sit at home.

For anyone living in the UK The Co-op (once Somerfields) continues to be the best place to buy reduced price food. While the other big supermarkets take off 20p or 50p at the Co-op they regularly reduce perishables by 50-75% at round 5.00. Yesterday I bought cherries, blueberries, pears, chicken breast fillets, lamb's liver, yoghurt, lime cheese cakes and coronation chicken all for 25% of the usual price and some of them had been on special offer in the first place. We get to eat really nice food at a reasonable price and our freezer is once again filled to the brim for when the youngsters come to visit. My al fresco breakfast this morning was oats & sunflower seeds with blueberries and yoghurt.

I let the kitty out for a run in the garden last night which he loved, whizzing round the place excitedly. He may end up being called Speedy unless we think of something better. He has been spending the day in the conservatory and yesterday when I returned home there had been a bit of mayhem inflicted on my puzzle with some pieces even looking chewed! Never mind, it was soon fixed and now I put the trays over the vulnerable sections.

No comments: