Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 11 July 2011

A Bit Of A Moan!

Life has been a pile of poo recently and today just got worse. At school the visiting artist who was supposed to be working in my class was rescheduled and I didn't find out till half way through the morning, I was left without any help in the class as the previously cancelled plan to have my teaching assistant work in another class got reinstated and the promised student for the week is also working in another class. Luckily it's arts week and my class are very creative. I was able to guide them towards a few ideas and then supervise the children painting their Greek temples including the 3ft high model made by a group of enthusiastic boys. My role was mainly to supply paint and wipe paint from the floor, carpet! and faces.

At lunchtime I finally phoned the hospital to ask oh so politely when my appointment was as it had been 6 months since I saw the spinal consultant only to be told that I had been discharged because I had failed to turn up for an appointment that I never received! I made an official complaint straight away and hopefully I won't have to wait so long to start the whole process again. I had an appointment with my GP after work because all the stress I've been under has made me ill and he promised to get onto the hospital. As if I would have missed such a vital appointment. On the good side this GP unlike my last one does not stick rigidly to the rule that 1 appointment means one ailment only and not only did he deal with the hospital problem and my digestive woes but he has put me down to be seen by the physiotherapist because my shoulder problem is starting up again. (That's another trapped nerve problem).

I was feeling so sorry for myself that when I went into Lidyls and saw some lovely orchids I bought 2 to cheer myself up. That's instead of going for a staff meal which I wouldn't be able to eat anyway. The white one on the right is the one I bought in September which flowered for 3 months in my class and has now started flowering again. The conservatory is looking a bit like a jungle as it is full of tomato plants and a cucumber plant all reaching for the roof. Outside it looks as if the slugs have got the better of my courgette plants and the butternut squash. I resorted to some slug pellets but I fear it is too late.
It was also nice to arrive home and find that Fred had made a good start on removing the blown plaster and had left the place quite tidy. There was a thin film of dust over the kitchen and I washed the floor so that we wouldn't walk dust all over the house. When it is all done I can wash everything as I put it back, a sort of spring clean.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Sorry to hear things aren't going so well for you. Hope the new flowers cheered you up.
Here's a smile from me. : )

Catching the Magic said...

Really sorry to hear you've been suffering a lot of pain and do hope you get the treatment you need soon. You're amazing to do all that you do.

The flowers are beautiful.

Best wishes x