Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 3 July 2011

Sunny Sunday.

It has been a beautiful day again today. Unfortunately I had to spend a lot of time hunched over the PC first doing my planning and then more work on the reports. I did a quick tally and on each report there are 39 boxes to be individually thought about and filled for each child. That's not counting the precis for each term and the targets for the core subjects. No wonder it is taking so long. This lovely weather will probably be around for the next 3 weeks and then as soon as our summer holiday starts it will revert to miserable grey weather. I may sound obsessed with the weather but last year I kept a record and over the 6 weeks of our summer holiday we had just 4 good days. Peter went rowing early in the morning so we were able to go out later for a walk at Mortehoe. We went along the track to Bull Point before turning and heading back right around Morte Point.
This is one of the older benches along the way. I stopped here to get a stone out of my shoe.
It didn't feel too hot as there was a cooling breeze.
As we approached Morte point the coast guard helicopter circled and then hovered over the rocks at the highest point.
We saw a winch man going down but we couldn't find out if they were rescuing someone or simply on a training exercise. When we got round the point we could see the beach at Woolacombe was full and the car park at Putsborough was also packed.
Back home I carried on working on the PC before finally taking a break to pick a few more lbs of blackcurrants. Peter cooked up another barbecue and we had a pleasant meal outside. Now it's back to the grindstone for another week (or three).

1 comment:

Elora said...

Seems I remember last year about this time you posted a photo of a snake by one of those benches. I'd never know there were snakes in Devon, nor would I have thought of it. Enjoy the sun while you can. And we were 92 degrees F. yesterday--roughly 33 C. ugh! Same forecast for today, the 4th of July! Keep cool, dear friend!

Love,
Elora