Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 25 July 2011

The Holidays At Last.

At last, the summer holidays begin. I went into school this morning to make up the required hours helping to prepare stuff for next September. Then it was down to the supermarket for a big shop, white paint for the kitchen from B&Q and up to the college. I see that it is no longer the North Devon College but has been rebranded as Petroc. Something to do with its link to Plymouth University though I thought St Petroc was a Cornish saint. It was third time lucky for me and I came away with 3 big bags of sweet smelling wood shavings from the woodworking dept. These free bags are in high demand and get snapped up as soon as they are put on the loading bay. Once home I gave the hens a new bed, not that they make much mess- there's only 3 of them and they spend most of their time outside. The dry day turned into a sunny afternoon so I was able to mow and strim most of the grass, making it look reasonably presentable for all the visitors that will be coming down this week. Then it was time to paint some of the kitchen walls and right now I'm taking a break before starting the next jobs.

I looked out of the window at 9.00 and saw a lovely turquoise sky filled with fluffy white clouds catching the evening sun. A good excuse to walk up the garden.
Just some cleaning and cooking to do and I'll be done for the day, hooray.


This buddliea bloom looks like some sort of sea creature, maybe a whale or a seal. Or have I just lost my marbles?

2 comments:

happyone said...

Your school year ends a lot later than here. They are already talking about back to school.

Enjoy your summer holiday!

Harriet said...

Enjoy your vacation.....looks like a manatee to me.