Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Garden Helpers.

In spite of the rain which dampened the morning the day turned into a real scorcher and stayed that way until I got home again.


The Rambling Rector climbing rose has finally taken off and can be seen flowering amongst the trees.


Jack met me as soon as I got home so once I had changed out of my good clothes we met up in the garden for some companionable gardening. He told me all about his birthday plans for him and a friend to drive a 5 ton digger and make a mud camp while shifting a few trees at the same time. Pure fantasy but so real to a 7 year old. Sarah, his mum came round leading a pony for him to ride but while he enjoys riding in shows he's not so keen to practise at home and prefers his quad bike. How many children have those choices ? He reappeared a while later still in his school clothes to tell me about his dad assembling a new gas barbecue and how he was listening out for any explosions. I think the visit was more to escape a telling off for not riding Gift.


During my Jack free interlude I started my gardening in the best way possible, with a mug of tea, a biscuit, the sun on my back and a cool breeze across my face and with one cat settled on my lap. I did eventually stir myself to get on with the weeding in the last patch of evening sun.



1 comment:

Catching the Magic said...

Awww, Jack sounds like a wonderful character and he's very fortunate indeed to live in such a beautiful part of the countryside and have a wonderful neighbour like you :-)