Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 20 July 2011

One More Early Morning.

Yet again another rainy morning and overcast afternoon. I had my last PPA afternoon which I spent working quietly at the photocopier in the staffroom copying my PE lessons for next year.


After school the parents were invited in to look at all the art work we have been doing recently and to take home all this year's books. Most of the parents had been and gone by 4.00 but we had to stay 'open' until 6.00 so I was able to get on with taking down work from the walls ready for all the art work to be taken home tomorrow. In theory that should leave Friday, the final day of the term, clear for fun stuff but there will probably still be lots to do. I also have to go into school on the Monday to spend a day clearing up and helping the new teacher settle into her new classroom.
I still call these ponies 'the foals' even though Ben and Doris were born last year and Persey was born the year before. They are still very much babies and can often be seen having a little nap.



This is one part of the kitchen walls I shan't be painting. Not until we are actually leaving. I well remember those measuring sessions with books being tilted one way and another and breath held to achieve maximum height. Now all 3 of my little boys are over 6ft tall and tower above me. It doesn't help that I am getting shorter, what a sign of age that is.

As I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow I've only got one more early alarm call left until ........ someone books me to work in the morning. Next term my contract is for 3 afternoons only, big pay drop but lots more time to work at home.

No comments: