Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 31 July 2011

Brotherly Harmony.

Romas and Vicky arrived in the early hours of the morning. Romas' band had been playing a gig at a festival which was why they couldn't start their journey earlier in the day. It has been good to have all 3 of the boys at home today. And of course Vicky and Sally are here too. One of the nice things about the boys growing up is that they bring their girlfriends to this once male dominated household. I like to see the family growing and I enjoy the girls' company. In the morning Vytas and Romas indulged in a little brotherly rivalry/ exercises out in the garden.

Linas offered to make lunch as he was keen to show off his sushi making skills and had brought all the necessary ingredients and equipment with him. As I sat at my PC it was lovely to hear Romas and Linas working together in the kitchen and they produced a tasty lunch for us all.

As well as the traditional sushi they came up with a few variants including bacon? sushi. Finally all my attempts to make the boys self sufficient in the kitchen seem to be bearing fruit.


Sally and Vytas.

After lunch Peter took Linas back into town to catch the train back to Plymouth and the rest of the youngsters went for a walk around Bull Point and Rockham Bay. I was a little upset by their (Vytas') refusal of my request to accompany them on the basis that I don't walk fast enough for the boys. Vytas and Romas do tend to run and race each other at every opportunity and even the fittest members of the family have trouble keeping up with them. I think the girls must have told him off for his behaviour because he brought me home some fudge as an apology.


Romas and Vicky attempting to reenact the Titanic scene.


We've just had a pleasant supper, the youngsters are washing up and everyone is about to watch a film. I shall listen to the film and do jigsaws on the PC at the same time.

No comments: