Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 1 August 2011

Lovely Summer Weather.

It's been a typical summer's day, grey with rain at times and the very occasional burst of sunshine. Vytas and Sally left at lunchtime to drive back up to Nottingham and Leicester leaving the rest of us to slop around the place. I did some sorting out in the sitting room as everything will have to be moved when the plastering starts. That's something I'm looking forward to and not looking forward to at the same time.
I did also get outside and do some cutting back of more alchemilla and general weeding. The honeysuckle has come into flower and every now and then I would get a blast of its sweet scent. The buddlia was full of honey bees. I have to be careful of the bees as I have become mildly allergic to their stings, as I had to keep telling the medical staff at the hospital when they were cross checking my medical history. I have got my next appointment at the hospital but it is not until Sept 12th.

One of the benefits of having Vicky and Romas stay is that they are keen and versatile cooks so will be able to work their way through the food currently filling our freezer. Our local Co-Op does such amazing bargains (70% off) that our freezer is always full of cut price food. Romas tells me that their local Sainsburys reduces food first by percentages, then to set amounts- £1, 50p, 15p and finally just before closing time to 1p! Great for those living on a limited income. Tonight we are having prawns and vegetables cooked in a green Thai sauce with noodles.

No comments: