Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 28 August 2011

Mixed Weather.

I woke this morning to very heavy rain so that was a good excuse for a lie-in. My day has not been too indolent though as I spent several hours, (my hand gets painful after that), washing the sitting room carpet. As it is a thick wool carpet and a big room I know it is going to take at least a week to do. The afternoon has been quite sunny with a good wind so I got the mower out and cut some of the grass. We are soon approaching the time when it will be hard to find dry afternoons when the grass can be cut so any opportunity has to be seized. I picked up the windfalls from under the apple trees and have another batch of apple leather drying in the rayburn. At last I have found something that works well in the rayburn which has to be kept running 24/7 whether you are cooking anything or not.

No comments: