Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 27 August 2011

All Gone.

The nest is empty! Romas and Vicky left this afternoon for a Sealed Knot muster in Surrey. Even Patch tried to smuggle himself out in a backpack. Despite the writing of lists and double checking of rooms I soon got a call informing me that Romas had left his passport behind (not that he needs it for Surrey), so I'll have to post that up to him. Then I found Vicky's library books and notes in the sitting room. That'll be another lot for the post office. Haven't found anything else yet though they did forget to take any of the apple leather with them so I might include that in the parcel too.
It has been such a pleasure to have them here for the summer. This is Romas' last year at uni so once, hopefully, he is working, holidays will be limited. We popped into town this morning to get a few things for their camping this weekend. They were lucky enough to get an airbed reduced to half price and when we went to the checkout it got reduced again by 50%. It is much cooler today and we have had some rain but the forecast is for better weather for the next few days. I do hope so as it is not fun camping when everything is wet all the time. At least the beer tent always provides a dry haven. Yesterday we had a look through some of my old SK photos to chuckle over cute pictures of Romas as a toddler in a dress and bonnet (usual wear for 17thC boys). This afternoon I've made a start on washing the sitting room carpet which is a long and tedious job.

No comments: