Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 25 August 2011

Autumn Harvest.

We've have some brilliant sunshine today but just as I would get myself organised to go out the sky would go dark and down would come the rain. It's one of those days when I found it very difficult to get motivated. It is such a temptation to have a lie-in and then mooch around only doing a little basic tidying up. I'm still in holiday mode from Lundy and also we don't start school till next week. We did managed to take a car load of rubbish from the recent decorating stint, down to the dump and called in at Tescos on the way back. I also made a start on the bookshelves in the sitting room which needed washing before I paint the inside and then put the books back hopefully having culled out a few more. The garden got a little attention as I pulled weeds in the evening sun. Romas has been finishing some of the jobs I find so difficult to do and today he trimmed the hedge which involves a lot of awkward stretching. He then climbed up and picked apples from the top of the trees. Normally the apples get blown off before they have a chance to ripen but we had an early spring so they are looking good so far. He has also been making apple leather (sweetened apple puree dried to make a chewy fruit snack), as the warming oven seems to ideal for this job. This way even the windfalls won't go to waste. Currently we are enjoying tomatoes and cucumbers grown in the conservatory and sugar snap peas, potatoes and french beans from the garden.


More Lundy pictures.
The sea lies 400ft below this rock stack which is covered with a fantastical garden of lichens and other small plants.


Early morning sun on the west coast.


Sunset.

No comments: