Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 2 August 2011

A Sunny Afternoon.

We had rain in the morning but it soon cleared to eventually give us some afternoon sun.

We took some bags of rubbish to the Ilfracombe dump and called into Tescos for some fresh vegetables. Romas has been cooking us some tasty meals but they use a lot more ingredients than my basic cooking. If I'm cooking for myself I'm more than happy with a plate of boiled new potatoes with tinned fish, cheese or even on their own. If I don't feel like cooking then it could be fruit followed by chocolate.

It was rather nice in the afternoon so I did more weeding up at the scree garden (and some reading) while Romas strimmed the grass steps that climb the bank and had got very overgrown. Now I shan't be risking life and limb when I take that route to the scree garden. There was a pink sunset tonight so with any luck we may have a dry day tomorrow. The electricity is going to be off again so we will be without the Internet for the whole day. Back to the simple pleasures of gardening, reading and playing the piano.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Glad you had a sunny afternoon. : )
Today is a cloudy day here which kind of nice after such hot days.