Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Surfing.

Our minimal band speed did not allow me to blog last night so instead here is a next-morning update.

It was another dry day so after a long painting session in the hall & stairs I took myself out for more weeding. I love the look of the scree garden but for it to look good not only do I have to remove all weeds but also any moss and all the leaves that fall from the surrounding trees. Only that way can the stones be seen in all their glory. I expect that I shall have just cleared the whole area when the autumn leaf fall begins. I do have a leaf hoover thing but it is not very good when the leaves are jammed under the stones so I tend to do the whole job by hand.
Fred was here again plastering in the sitting room which with the conservatory looks more like a building site but I am sure it will be worth it.
Later in the afternoon Romas, Vicky & I all went to the beach for a spot of surfing and bodyboarding. This was my first time in the water this year and as I don't have a wetsuit my initial enthusiasm was beginning to wear off as we strode towards the water. Worse still it was only then that I realised that there was a spare shortie wetsuit at home that I could have worn. It was a long walk across the sand in the brisk wind and Vicky and I were not looking forward to the moment we stepped into the water. Most people in the water had wetsuits on. But it wasn't too bad, not that numbing cold that makes you doubt your sanity as all your muscles seize up. Once I had caught a few waves and then strode back out again against the waves I warmed up nicely even in just a swimsuit and rash vest. The waves were only 2ft and a bit messy but were coming in nice and fast so we had lots of fun. It wasn't the cold that forced me out in the end but my knee starting to feel a bit used. We ended our time at the beach drinking coffee watching the sun setting behind Lundy. A lovely end to the day.

No comments: