Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 10 August 2011

A Little Running.

It has been another dry and windy day today. Great for drying washing which was good as a trip to the beach always results in several machine loads of washing to be done. I didn't do any painting but instead I went over all the walls filling in any small holes and tidying up the rough edges. It might seem odd to do this after the first coat of paint but the paint shows up the imperfections and makes it easy to do. In the afternoon I worked outside in the scree garden. I had left the ornamental grass seedlings that had appeared in the path to grow until I knew what I wanted to do with them. Some have filled some of the winter gaps, others have been transplanted to the veg plot for future use and the rest had to go and now the path is a path once more.

After all that work I needed to stretch my legs and took myself off for a walk up the hill in the evening light.
It was windy and invigorating when I got to the top of the drive so I carried on to Bowden Corner before turning for home.



At this point my desire overcame common sense and I naughtily ran all the way back to the top of the drive and then down to the next field. It is so frustrating to know that I am physically fit to run (jog really) apart from my arthritic knee.
This may be my last blog for a bit as Romas is keen to disconnect and move my PC so that he can prepare the walls ready for Fred to finish plastering. Back when the job is done or possibly not until we get back from our week on Lundy.

5 comments:

Harriet said...

Hope your Lundy trip is wonderful.

happyone said...

Beautiful photos. The first one looks so inviting. I'd like to take a walk down there.

Catching the Magic said...

Have an amazing time on Lundy! And such beautiful photos of the countryside around your home - I can understand why you'd feel the urge to jog! Hope your knee doesn't give you too much pain x

Julie said...

hope you are having a fun trip. I am back from my camps and with internet again so I have been catching up on blogging and reading blogs. I am sorry your knee is bum. Mine is too, but i have been running and loosing weight, I remember your charts and being motivated by them... I have lost about 37lbs and I have about that much more to loose. I am getting there, slowly but surely. :)

Harriet said...

Ruta.....I thank you for the lovely photos. I can "see" myself taking a walk down the roads enjoying the fields. Hope Lundy is wonderful.