Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 6 November 2014

Grey.

There was the merest hint of a sunrise amongst the grey clouds as I drove to work early this morning. It stayed grey all day with the occasional drizzle but the proper rain held off until the evening.
Apart from (quite) a few stressful moments with a child with behaviour difficulties it's been a fun day doing art activities with a Year 2 class. A print maker who is also a local teacher brought in her printing press and worked with groups of my children in the morning. Their topic is Antarctica so other children made penguins and I worked with children making collages using a photo of some pack ice as an inspiration. I had my usual fun and games with the IT system trying to print out that picture. First of all the teacher's lap-top refused to connect to the internet at all. Then I got through using one of the children's lap-tops, found the photo but it wouldn't print because of the school's filter. I found my way round that and after a few tries got the photo printed in the class. (The staffroom system couldn't print out because the photocopier there which doubles as a printer was on strike.) The children made some fairly interesting collages and tomorrow they will work in small groups using pencils and the same photo as a starting point.
This evening I've made some chocolate biscuits for Peter to take to work tomorrow. A Friday treat.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Autumn is my favorite season. Your photos show us the beauty of shadow in the sky.