Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 30 November 2014

Mild.

Last night at 10.00 I heard some loud bangs outside.We had already gone to bed and the thought of late night visitors still unnerves me. I looked out of the window but nobody was there. The bangs continued for 10 mins and sounded just like a fireworks display. However a quick look at the online papers only deepened the mystery.

It's been another sunny and mild day, perfect for mixing cement and so at last all the slabs are repointed. The job that began with a bit of repair to the bricks in the path grew and grew and now the paving looks a lot tidier. It's not a perfect job but at least the place doesn't look so neglected. I really don't want to start on the paving around the scree garden but if the mild weather holds there are a few other projects I can be getting on with. 
I think it's time to get a new hairdryer. My trusty orange hairdryer bought at the end of the 60's was only used in the winter as usually I let my hair dry naturally but it's time to throw it out. It's still blowing out hot air but for the first time the wires that heat the air and indeed the whole of the inside were glowing orange. I'm sure I would have noticed if that had happened before. As I don't fancy getting electrocuted or burnt the hairdryer has been retired. A good thing it wasn't my hair straighteners as my unruly fringe needs ironing into submission before I can face the world. Our bedroom tv is also heading to the dump as it stopped working a few days ago. I bought it very cheaply some years ago on eBay and luckily another one of the right dimensions to fit on the shelf was up for sale a few miles away. We're just waiting for the seller to phone and arrange a time to pick it up. Now that I can sit comfortably in the sitting room we hardly watch tv in the bedroom but mainly use it to listen to radio programs we have recorded on the Sky box. 
The garden is still looking nice and green with a few spots of colour around though the roses didn't really like the frost. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Warmed up here too. All the snow has gone over night!!

Good idea to get a new hair dyer. That one sounds like you got your moneys worth out of it!!