Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 9 November 2014

Wet.

The day started off with sunshine but as Peter and I were listening to The Archers we could hear thunder rumbling away in the distance. That got me up hoping that the rain would hold off long enough to get some outdoor jobs done. 
My first job was to find the last pair of wellies that don't leak so that I could wade into the stream and reposition a concrete lintel. Normally the concrete beam lies along the side of the bank to help prevent it  getting undercut by the water. The strength of water flowing down our little stream in the last few days had shifted the beam right across the stream. That done I got on with more autumn cutting back as it did look like it might rain at any moment. There were several showers but having done so little yesterday I was determined to keep on working. I was finally satisfied when all the Autumn Joy sedums that form the big circle had been cut back and disposed of. I even picked up all the leaves etc that were going all sludgy from the outer part of the circle. 
It's definitely feeling colder so I've lit a fire in the sitting room to warm us up as we watch Strictly and the results.




6 comments:

happyone said...

Like how the light shines on the leaves - very pretty.

Harriet said...

I hope everyone is okay, Ruta. It's unusual not to read you everyday.

happyone said...

Just popping in to say hi. Not like you to skip so many days without blogging.
Hope all is well.

Harriet said...

Ruta, Like Happyone I am hoping all is well. Please take care.

Martha said...

Ruta, Like others I am praying all is well. I miss your daily posts.

Ruta M. said...

Thank you everyone for your concern. It's just the rain wiping out our phone line. Hoping to be back on line soon.