Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Sunny.

The sun was rising as I set off for work this morning, 
and going down again as I drove home. 
The sun has shone all day long and we have been warned that the temperature may drop below freezing tonight. I was with the Year 2 children in the morning, guided reading and then continuing with their art work before heading off for the swimming pool.  In the afternoon I was back with the Year 1 children. Getting the children ready to go home at the end of the day was a little stressful as, yet again a child couldn't find their school sweatshirt. With this fine weather the children have been taking off their sweatshirts during playtimes and they had also got changed for PE in the afternoon. This was a child who is fairly new and his mother was sure that his name was written on the label. We looked and looked and finally I checked every child's sweatshirt as they left the classroom to no avail though we did have a couple of spare unnamed sweatshirts left in the classroom. Our only conclusion was that the child must have had the wrong sweatshirt on all day or possibly his name had come off in the wash. We sent him home with a new looking sweatshirt and will have to keep our eyes open for his one. In another class somebody has gone home with a sweatshirt that has another child's initials embroidered on the front! Un-marked school uniform is the bane of our lives though I don't like the idea of small children in uniform anyway.
It was still fairly light when I got home so I had time to do some gardening. With the possibility of frost it is high time all the sedums were cut back so I got on with that job.

No comments: