Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 24 November 2014

I'm Back.

Finally, I've managed to get back on to my blog. For the last 10 years every time we had heavy rain our phone line deteriorated and the internet slowed to a crawl. And each time it happened it would be a bit worse. We would contact BT who own the line and provide our internet, they would eventually turn up and either the fault would have cleared or they would do something to the system and it would be working again, until the next heavy rain. Just over 2 weeks ago the torrential rain knocked out the whole system. The phone line was so crackly you could hear about 1 word in 4 and the internet died completely. Then followed a week of Peter reporting the fault and being told they had done an remote check on the line and there was no problem and if we called out an engineer and a fault was found with the equipment in the house we would be charged £120. Then followed another week of Peter literally spending hours on the phone each evening trying to speak to someone in India to explain that this is a reoccuring fault and needs fixing. Every evening they would promise that someone would phone him on his mobile the next day which they never did. The latest news is that somebody should be coming tomorrow morning but Peter should!! be getting a call today to confirm that. 
Right now I'm using the free internet at the public library as both Blogger and Facebook are filtered at work. I did come here last Friday and had a great time catching up on Facebook but I only knew an old password for my Blog. Today I've come into town an hour before work to have some internet time, it feels so isolating not to be able to chat or see anybody's news not to mention general research, shopping or playing jigsaws. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow though if anyone does turn up I expect we will then have to wait for the line itself to be replaced.

3 comments:

happyone said...

Oh how frustrating for you but I am glad to hear you are both well.

Hope you get your internet at home back SOON.
A happy day to you my friend. : )

Martha said...

So thankful everyone is well and hopefully you will soon have your phone line and Internet connection repaired.

Harriet said...

So you to read you, Ruta, good luck with your provider problems.
And thanks for coming back. It's really amazing how we are to one degree or another dependent on the internet.