Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 4 November 2014

Wet.

Today's weather was much the same as yesterday's with more showers and fewer sunny spells. Instead of cement work I washed my car. I'm not too fussed about the way it looks, especially with our muddy roads but I kept getting mud on my clothes as I got in the car. When I had washed off the mud there were a lot of black specks on the now bright green paintwork. At first I thought they were chips in the paintwork caused by all the loose gravel that had been on the roads this summer but they started to come off as I rubbed them with my sponge. I guess they were specks of slurry courtesy of the local farmers. It took a while but my car looks a lot better now. As I drove to school I saw the man with his horse trailer again at Ashelford Corner. I don't know yet if he was successful as it was too dark to see on the way home.
The reception children had been out for a walk in a local park in the morning and collected bags and bags of leaves and sticks. Our task for the afternoon was to do some sorting activities so we sat on the carpet and spread leaves everywhere. After school we had a staff training session which lasted until 5.00. Coming home after calling in at the Co-op the sky went from a midnight blue with silvery clouds lit by the moon to almost total darkness. I stopped at the top of the drive and took a photo through the window. It was darker than it looks because the camera tried to adjust for the low light level.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Great shot. A very dramatic sky.