Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 3 November 2014

Heavy Showers.

At this time of year we get a couple of hours of sun on the front of the house (that's if the sun is out at all) while the rest of the garden sits damply in the shade. I made use of the time and got on with more cementing.
And for an hour or so it was lovely. Some long tailed tits and blue tits also seemed to like the sun as they foraged for honeysuckle berries on the front of the house. I had to rescue this little chap twice from the porch where he had squeezed in through a hole under the eaves. I'll have to get some more insulation down and block everything up properly as I know from bitter experience that the cats catch birds in the porch. 
When I drove up to school at least half the children in the playground had not bothered to put their sweatshirts on but then a sudden shower had everyone rushing to get their coats. The whole school is having an Arts Week and my reception children spent the afternoon making junk models and gluing pasta on to card. Some made shapes that they could identify while others simply stuck loads down and said they were fireworks.
Unfortunately for the waiting parents we had a heavy downpour at hometime. Luckily nearly all our children had coats. I ran to my car and for the first time this term, remembered that I'm supposed to turn on the dishwasher in the staffroom. As I had failed to remember every previous Monday I went back through the rain and puddles and did my duty. 
Coming home the sun was shining through a break in the clouds. I had wondered if I could do a little gardening when I got home but all I did before the next shower was clear the little ditch by the dam. At least we were spared the tornado that hit Leicestershire yesterday. 

No comments: