Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 7 November 2014

Stormy.

A fierce storm was blowing first thing this morning, as I checked my emails before leaving for work I could see the tree branches lashing back and forth not to mention the curtains of rain that were thundering down. During the day it went from sudden downpours to the occasional clear blue sky. I was with the same Year 2 class who did have some time for art but I also had to do guided reading and then do maths with several groups. In the afternoon I swapped over to the other Year 2 class for a geography lesson while my class did PE. 
I got away from school promptly and had an hour to stride along the High Street and make a quick visit to the library. I then, dear reader, became rather decadent. I love my black and cerise watch and have been thinking for a while about getting the same watch in a different colour to match some of my other teaching outfits. I was torn between the baby pink and the vivid pink but finally made up my mind to get the baby pink watch. At the same time I mentioned to the shop assistant that I had wanted the light blue one which they didn't have any more in the window. And voila! a light blue one had just come in. I was torn between the 2 and ..... you've guessed it, ended up buying both. Very indulgent but at £19 each they didn't break the bank.
Somehow I managed to be just passing the baker's at 4.30 when the lady came out to call out the reductions and my willpower fell to the cry of "3 cakes for £1". A maple pecan plait and 2 caramel doughnuts are not exactly part of my diet but I have worked for 3 full days and 2 half days this week. I must have burned up some extra calories getting up so early.
My extravagance didn't end there. Primark is the last shop before leaving the High Street so I usually have a little spin through there. Fluffy pj's are my weakness and these bottoms are extra soft. The woolly leggings with snowflakes and Christmas puddings did tempt me as well but pj's will always win the day.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Oh, Ruta, you gave yourself wonderful treats!!!!

happyone said...

I'm glad you got both of them. : ) I love the nice big clock faces.
We had a strange weather day here. Crazy blowing snow one minute and sunshine the next.