Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 3 December 2023

Craft Fair.

We had rain this morning, and for most of the day which meant it wasn't so cold here but there was snow up on the mountains. Snowdonia was hidden by clouds but even after a day of rain and the clouds had lifted there was still a fair amount of snow on the peaks. (Photo below taken in the morning.)
I cried off the walk yet again. I had too much to do and it was through some woods we have already walked in twice this year. 
First thing this morning, before we'd even eaten breakfast I was off down to the Hall for the Craft Fair. And what a joy it was. Over 30 stalls showcasing work by local artists and crafts people.
I began by looking at all the stalls and chatting to people I know and then on the second time around I did some buying. I bought cards and a small ceramic vase (for me) and found a framed lino print as a present for Peter. There were some really lovely bigger prints and original works but you're talking £50 - £150 which was a beyond my budget.
I took photos of some of the stalls always asking permission first. Only one lady didn't want me to post pictures of her work on-line but everyone else was quite happy. (She was worried that her designs might be copied.) I made sure to take photos of the pieces I especially liked to show to Peter as he was going to the Hall later in the day.
For the house I bought one of the green vases (already in my bag) from this potter who works in Cwm Rheidol (The Vale of Rheidol) for the not too extravagant amount of £12. If I had more shelves I would have been tempted to buy more ceramics from other potters as well to put on display.
I bought Peter's framed print from this lady.

While Peter was out checking the camper and then down at the Hall I went up in the loft to put away some stuff and have a quick look in the boxes of decorations. When I got up there I had a nasty surprise. There were drops of condensation all over the felt and they were dripping onto the boxes and pictures below. Apart from that it's no good for the wood. Just when I thought the damp had been sorted. Luckily there was an enormous tarpaulin up there and I was able to cover everything over for the time being. I've sent an email and photos to the builder and hopefully he will have some ideas. Peter thinks we might need to put insulation between the beams. 


No comments: