Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 7 December 2023

Stormy.

It was very warm this morning with a strong wind blowing from the south and a sky full of black clouds. The heavy rain arrived at lunchtime making it so dark we needed the room lights on.
I've now gone into almost panic mode over the crocheting. If I want to get it finished by Christmas (which it would easily have been if I hadn't miscalculated the stitches) then every spare moment needs to be spent working on it. I'll need to be ultra organised with my time to fit everything in but I think I can do it - just.
We had a good Welsh lesson this afternoon. It really helps to go over both the previous lesson and the next when we meet up in Mach and it looks like we'll be having a fourth member of our class join us after Christmas. She only joined our class this September but lives close to Mach.
Before the rain set in I indulged in some wave watching and got some reasonable photos of the 'white horses'.
I've already packed the car with the equipment I need for riding and a couple of bags of things for the charity shop. After all there are only so many jackets I can claim to actually need. It's not raining at the moment but I'm going to drive to the Hall for aerobics because when it does rain it's extremely heavy.
This really was the colour of the world for a brief moment at sunset.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I have a few things that I need to finish knitting. I started too many things at one time. I think I can manage to get mine done too.
Pretty purple sky - we had some purple skies also.