Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 17 December 2023

Parcel Packing.

Grey, windy and some light rain today.
I slept in this morning as I'd stayed up late last night, crocheting. Even if I didn't have the crocheting to do I wouldn't have been able to get to sleep as Peter has a cold and his snoring is even worse than usual. I like listening to The World Service on the radio apart from one thing and that is the news. It isn't the news that's the problem but the fact that it's the same tape every time. Oh well. at least it's something to listen to though I don't get on very well with ear phones. (Just spent five minutes trying to find out the correct word, earphones/ headphones/ ear buds? Those little things that plug into the radio and stick the other end your ear. I'm amazed I don't know the correct term.) I just can't get them to stay in even with the smallest of the soft bits that go over the little tube. I've tried headphones like ear defenders but they're not comfortable to sleep in.
The job I had scheduled for today was packing up some parcels to post tomorrow. My collection of suitably sized boxes is up in the loft and as it's damp up there it's not worth bringing anything down. Luckily I was able to find a couple of boxes stashed away and then the fun began. With the different edible goodies carefully packed and gift wrapped I packed them into the larger boxes which I knew were the correct size for posting as 'small parcels'. I secured them with lots of packing tape and then checked the weights. Shock horror, the larger parcel was 80gms over. I had to unpack the box and contents and reduce the number of items to get it all to the correct weight. At least now it's all done, addressed and sitting ready to take to the Post Office tomorrow.
In the middle of all this I went out carol singing with the choir again. This time it was in a local care home and we outnumbered our audience by about four to one. This was because a lot of the current  residents are bedbound. However the staff did open the bedroom doors so hopefully our lovely singing floated down the corridor to provide some Christmas cheer.  Even though there were only a few people in the lounge we could see them joining in with the carols especially Calon Lan. If we managed to cheer those few people up then it was still worth it.
 

No comments: