Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 9 December 2023

Storm Elin.

It's been whitecaps as far as the eye could see all day long as Storm Elin brought strong winds from the south-west. The weather forecast says gale force 8 to storm force 10 and it's definitely getting worse right now. (Better check the recycling boxes which have a tendency to blow down the street.)  No rain during the day and it has been quite warm. I checked the driftwood tree in the garden this morning and nothing had blown off it then but I'm sure today's winds will have sent some of the shells flying.

Good weather for the kite surfers.
I've spent most of my day sitting at the kitchen table with the radio on while I watched the waves and crocheted. So far I'm on track with another square almost redone. 

 

No comments: