Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 21 December 2023

Stormy.

Wild and stormy today but not too cold.
I finished the last square for the throw this morning ...... or so I thought. When I laid the squares out ready to sew together in the afternoon I noticed that one square didn't quite match. Although laying nice and flat, cracked that puzzle now, I had inadvertently added an extra row half way through not only making the overall square bigger than the others but the difference in the pattern was also quite noticeable. So I spent the afternoon redoing the bulk of that square. Only four rows around and it will be done. I'm glad I did it as it already looks so much better.
We had our last Zoom class of the term and not surprisingly we spent a lot of time talking about Christmas (in Welsh of course.) It was quite challenging finding the vocabulary to explain that because of our heritage the most important meal is on Christmas Eve and doesn't contain any meat. Lots of switching between past and future tense needed for that. The first class after Christmas will be even more complicated as I can see from a sheet we've already downloaded that we will be talking about 'Christmas when I was a child'. I have almost no memories of Christmas when I was a child apart from the Christmas Eve meal and going to Midnight Mass. We didn't have a television nor did we ever have a tree. At least I made up for the tree when I was married and living in our own home.
Off now to finish those last rows of crochet.
 

No comments: