Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 19 December 2023

Sunshine.

Once again the day began with a lot of rain then halfway through the morning there was a hint of blue followed by a lovely sunny afternoon.
Driving to the care home the sun was almost blinding at times, literally that is. The low sun combined with driving up steep hills meant that a couple of times I had to slow to a crawl as even with dark sunglasses and the sun visor down I just couldn't see the road ahead. The roads themselves were still very wet and all the recent heavy rain has caused a lot of damage to the road surface while water pouring off the fields has gouged out ditches along the side of the road. Small ditches but deep enough to cause damage or trap you should you drive over the edge of the road. This afternoon we sang carols at the same care home we were at yesterday. There were some new faces amongst the audience and it looked like more people joined in with the singing today.
Driving home the sun had spread a golden glow over the countryside but of course once home I was back in the shade.
The mirror frame is finally on. The side pieces went on in the morning and I stuck the top piece on when I got home from singing. I still need to run a line of white sealant to close the gap between the wood and the glass, a job I am not looking forward to. I don't mind the fact that the mirrors are not perfect. The age marks are a reminder that they have been in the house much longer than we have. The rest of my day has been spent on boring housework; washing floors and ironing with a bit of crochet in between.

 

No comments: