Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 18 April 2024

A Sunny Morning.

I woke this morning to clear blue skies and a calm blue sea. But all too soon the clouds began to roll in and the sea changed to green then grey and the temperature plummeted. Eventually late in the afternoon we had some rain too. A moderate breeze was blowing all day and the towels I hung out on the line were almost dry when I brought them back inside.
In the morning I needed to pick up a prescription and some milk so I had a brisk walk along the beach at the same time. There was just enough time before our Zoom class to give the pedestal of the sundial and the pond brickwork a coat of cream paint. I could have lived with the red brick paint on the pond wall but as the sundial's pedestal was in a shabby state and needing painting to cover where some of the render had fallen off I thought I might as well do the bricks as well. I was able to do a second coat later in the afternoon as the paint had dried in the wind. The bricks will need at least one more coat but I think the pedestal will pass muster now.
Our Welsh class went well as usual. Lots of listening to recorded conversations and announcements. It's surprising how much we can understand, or maybe not seeing as this is our third year of learning. I console myself by thinking about all the neural connections being made as my brain tries to process the information which was one of the reasons I'm learning Welsh
Off in five minutes to disco aerobics. 

 

No comments: