Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 9 April 2024

Storm Pierrick.

When I woke at 6.30 this morning the sound of the storm raging outside made me decide not to get up and instead I closed my eyes and went back to sleep until 8.00.
Even then the strong winds blew the rain over me when I opened the door to try and take a photo. Once I'd wiped the camera lens I had to stand even further back to take a photo safely. With the wind blowing directly at us, Storm Pierrick (named by the French as it affected France first) felt much more violent than Storm Kathleen. 
Although I'd had to have my first cuppa sitting indoors eventually the rain died down and there were a few streaks of blue in the sky to the west. I do like a bit of fresh air so here I am, clad in waterproofs with the first cup of coffee of the day. Tucked into the corner of the balustrade it was the best way to watch the storm and of course breakfast in the warm and dry was only a few paces away.
Peter runs the RNLI shop on Tuesday mornings and although he initially thought it wouldn't be worth opening up the weather continued to improve so he gave it a go. He had a few customers and made some money for the RNLI. 
Seeing the sun appear I couldn't resist wrapping up again, as above with the addition of gloves, wind glasses and a fleece neck warmer pulled up over my nose and headed out for a walk along the beach. The tide had only just started going out so I had to walk on the stones but it was an enjoyable walk none the less and I was lovely and warm. 
Before I could iron the rest of the sheets I had to wash the salt off the windows which were nicely frosted with salt. I also went over the balustrade glass but didn't do such a good job. I need to work out the best way to clean off the water with the squeegee. 
The wind did not do these tulips a lot of good. I was planning to move them to a more sheltered spot anyway and for now I've cut the flowers and brought them indoors. The tulips at the bottom of the garden fared much better.
I'll be heading off to Pilates soon and looks like I'll be able to walk down rather than take the car. It's been very relaxing to have a week off from the majority of my activities. However I enjoy them all too much to give any of them up and they all have benefits for my physical and/or mental wellbeing.

No comments: