Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 3 April 2024

Chilly.

Steady drizzle in the morning forced me to sit just inside the open door for my morning cuppa. The drizzle eventually eased off but there has been a cold wind blowing all day. And at the end of the afternoon we had a little sun.
I had some jobs that I could do indoors but I thought I might as well do something outside first. I wrapped up well and cleaned out the accumulated soil from the small gully by the side of the paving slabs in the side passage. By the time I'd done that the drizzle has stopped so after a break and another layer of clothing I got on with the fun job of pressure washing the slabs.
I get a bit irritated by the way the outside boiler (oil), the grey box at the far end of the passage, blocks the way especially when I have to take the pressure washer out by the garage, down the road and then up the garden from the bottom gate. The pressure washer is far too heavy for me to lift over the boiler which is what I used to do with the lawn mower though I can just squeeze through the gap myself. Anyway the job got done and it was quite a transformation as the slabs changed from black to a rather vivid brick red. At least they match the roof tiles.
Later I went on to go over the steps and do some of the slabs around the pond. They have faded to a less intense colour as they dried. I'm getting hopeful that Peter will soon be able to cut ten slabs to fit the gap next to the rockery. Once that's done I can clear the rest of the stuff cluttering up the paving and finish washing the slabs with the pressure washer.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Those pressure washers do an amazing job!!